This vacancy exists within the Finance Department, in Port Vila, Vanuatu and reports directly to the Country Manager. The successful applicant will oversee and manage the functions of BSP Vanuatu including ongoing development and monitoring of control
systems designed to preserve company assets, report accurate financial results and maintain regulatory compliance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Essential Qualifications, Professional / Skills & Experience:
- Provide timely, efficient and effective service/support to internal and external stakeholders, including timely finalization of financial results and management reporting.
- Support timely and effective compliance with prudential, statutory, central bank and other regulatory body requirements, as well as, implementation of accounting standards.
- Oversee the receivables and payments functions.
- Streamline team structure, processes and systems to enable effective and efficient execution of Finance team responsibilities.
- Responsible for the overall banks financial policies and strategies.
- Assist in compilation and execution of key strategic initiatives.
- Have strong people management skills and be able to provide quality leadership and maintaining a disciplined team.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Banking or Financial Management is required.
- At least 5 years' experience in a senior finance role at a corporate level.
- Full membership of a professional accounting body is desirable.
- Extensive understanding of financial and regulatory risks and knowledge and exposure to Banking products and services will be advantageous.
- Superior communication and organizational skills, creative and outcome focused and must possess a 'can do' attitude.
Salary will commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experiences to perform this role, please send your application and detailed CV to:
The Business Manager, Carol Veremaito
Bank South Pacific, Vanuatu | PO Box 32, Port Vila, Vanuatu | Email: CarolVeremaito@bsp.com.pg
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close, 5:00pm Friday 24th May 2019.